Today I saw that I had visits from a Google search for “mrh hfac byu” and “where is mrh hfac”. If you Google them, one of my previous posts shows up in the first page of results. I’m glad I’m not the only person wondering what MRH means when you see it on your class schedule.
But I never wrote how to get to the Madsen Recital Hall. For anyone who might someday stumble upon these pages searching for answers:
How to get to the Madsen Recital Hall (MRH) in the Harris Fine Arts Center (HFAC) at Brigham Young University (BYU):
- Walk into HFAC south doors (from Brigham Square) (coming from the WILK).
- See those stairs right in front of you? They spiral up (and down)? Go up them. Not down. Up. Just one floor will do. (You can go two floors up, but let’s start with just one.)
- The MRH is on the east side of the building. (That’s your right when you walked in the south doors.)
- You’ll find doors into the MRH on the south and north end of this east side. It’s a big recital hall. You can’t miss it at this point.
- If you do miss it, and your class is Music 101, don’t worry. Sav passed the class without going to more than twice. True story. Just find it by the last week of class.
Someday, I hope just one new freshman finds this post and that I save him or her from getting lost in the catacombs of the HFAC. I’m sorry to people who follow this blog (all 2 of you), because you probably already know how to get to the MRH.